Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oh, Sam...

Before Sam arrived, I heard horror stories about how boys are always hurting themselves and I started to get worried. So far he has successfully crawled down the small flight of brick stairs in our house. He was barely crawling at the time and he made it down unscathed in about 5 seconds. We put up a gate, but if that gate is left open it's like his radar goes off and you've never seen a baby crawl so fast towards anything in your life. I vacuumed up a broken ornament and then set the dust buster on the floor and a few little pieces of BROKEN GLASS came out of the hose and were on the floor. I had to fish the pieces out of his mouth.! He slammed his finger in our entertainment center last night and had a huge dent in his finger. I was headed out the door to the ER when I realized it was already popping back out. He somehow got the cleaning cabinet open (it has a child proofing device on it and I have trouble getting it open sometimes) and was sucking on the spray nozzle of a Lysol bottle. You get the idea. If he's not trying to harm himself, his sister is jumping off the furniture over him, choking him, laying on top of him, squeezing his head, or throwing things at him and laughing hysterically. He's only 8 months old! I try not to think about how this will compound when he's older. I know he will most likely have a love for sports like his Daddy and I always imagined cheering him on in whatever sport he decides to participate in, but I wouldn't mind a son who is interested in music or art. If he insists on playing a sport, I suppose golf would be okay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment