Saturday, Finley had her first soccer practice. She was so excited about it! She got all her gear on and we headed as a family over to the YMCA. She is a Tiger :) We haven't gotten jerseys yet, but I think they are orange. When we got there she immediately made friends with one of the two other girls on the team. They played together for a while before practice. I'm the Team Mom :) I passed around a sheet for everyone to sign up to bring a drink and snack for all the players at each game. Once the coach got there they did a few drills, but he quickly set up a scrimmage game and they played scrimmages for the rest of the practice which I thought was a good idea at this age. Finley was didn't kick the ball a lot, but she ran after whoever had the ball and you could tell she was having a great time. There are a whole lot of boys on the team and you can tell this isn't their first year. They are fast and I couldn't believe how well they controlled the ball! There were a few skinned knees, a few tears and a few kids staring into space or taking the ball to the wrong goal, but most of all there were a lot of laughs. I think we have a great group of parents who are just excited to watch their kids play. We can't wait for her first game!!! Go Tigers!
I am so excited to hear about her experience. She is so focused on whatever she is doing - just like her Mom. Ya'll are doing a great job at parenting!!!!
ReplyDelete