So recently I've been thinking more and more about Mother's Day Out. I feel so lucky to be able to stay home with Finley and it has always been my plan, but it does have its drawbacks. Since we have no family and very few friends (even fewer who have children) in Mobile, Finley doesn't have much interaction with anyone except Joey and I. She will be 6 months old in a week and I feel like she is old enough now to enjoy seeing and playing with other children... and adults for that matter. I haven't left her for more than a few hours and only with family, so I'm a little nervous just thinking about it. I have visions of her being ignored, neglected or worse! Hey, it happens!! I have talked to several people in Mobile and I think I have a good list of reputable Mother's Day Out programs so I will call and get some information tomorrow. As for whether or not I can actually leave my baby with complete strangers... well, we'll see.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Mother's Day Out...Hmmmm
So recently I've been thinking more and more about Mother's Day Out. I feel so lucky to be able to stay home with Finley and it has always been my plan, but it does have its drawbacks. Since we have no family and very few friends (even fewer who have children) in Mobile, Finley doesn't have much interaction with anyone except Joey and I. She will be 6 months old in a week and I feel like she is old enough now to enjoy seeing and playing with other children... and adults for that matter. I haven't left her for more than a few hours and only with family, so I'm a little nervous just thinking about it. I have visions of her being ignored, neglected or worse! Hey, it happens!! I have talked to several people in Mobile and I think I have a good list of reputable Mother's Day Out programs so I will call and get some information tomorrow. As for whether or not I can actually leave my baby with complete strangers... well, we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am staying at home with Abby and we started Kindermusik about a month ago...it is perfect! You get to see your baby girl learn and also she gets some germs...not too much :-) But I just love it! They have a website, so if you google Kindermusik I am sure they have some in Mobile! :-)
ReplyDeletecute blog elizabeth! i know exactly what you mean about not having any help around close. plus i agree that it is probably a good thing for both of you to have a little separation time. being a full time mommy is wonderful and harder than it sounds!! unfortuanately, they don't have anything like that where i am right now but good luck!
ReplyDeleteI stayed at home with Emerson her first year with no MDO and it got tough getting things accomplished with her around. We had a playgroup that we still do now and so that helped. Not to mention she has a ton of cousins that live here in Bham. When she turned one I started her in MDO three days a week for just four hours and she loved it! She is still going now M,W,F and she loves all her friends and loves to go to school. We also started Kindermusik this year every Thursday and then we have playgroup that meets at my house every Tuesday. Being a full time mommy is fabulous but does have its drawbacks. Emerson loves school and I am able to get things done while she is gone, so when she is home we can play together more. Love the blog!
ReplyDelete