Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hands Free Mama...Puh-lease!

If I hear one more word about hands free mama I'm going to scream. Why do we feel the need to constantly make ourselves and others feel guilty about doing things for ourselves. Not only do we give up careers, our looks, our figure, our social life, our relationship with our husband, but now we aren't even allowed to look at our phones while the kids are playing on the playground. We can't drive the car we want because it's too small, we need an SUV. We can't live in the house we want, it's too small we need something bigger. We can't even eat our own meals, we have to share with little hands that reach up the instant we get a bit of food. I don't know about you, but I can't even talk on the phone because the kids are making too much noise or want a juice box or need a snack or have to go potty. For moms that work, you have the added guilt that you aren't with your child all the time. For SAHMs, you have the guilt that you aren't contributing to the family's income and people think you sit on your butt all day. ENOUGH!!!!!! How about this...let's just say that we are all doing our best and when we aren't doing our best it's because we are human. I'd like to go on record as reserving the right to play on my phone while my kids are entertaining themselves FOR ONCE. I don't need a reminder that I mess up. I make mistakes every day, several times a day. I love my children. I brought them into this world, I have nurtured them, fed them, worried over them, hugged them, kissed them and wished they were newborns so I could do it all over again. Call me crazy, but I don't think being on the computer or looking at my phone while they are playing 5 feet from me is going to reverse any of that. If you truly want to encourage someone, tell them how your son ate glass shards out of the dust buster you left on the floor. Tell them about when your daughter said "For the love of God be quiet" and after you got onto her for saying it you realized she heard it from you. Now that's encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. "For the love of God be quiet"... yep, I definitely died out laughing. Been there, got the t-shirt. Thanks for keepin it real, Momma. Your precious kids seem just fine to me. ; ) Being a Momma is AMAZING, but very hard, and Momma's need a break, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good gravy woman, i love you...A to the freakin MEN!!

    ReplyDelete