I spend enough time complaining about bad customer service on my blog so I thought I would talk about the fabulous customer service I experienced this weekend. In my previous post I talked about my eye infection. Just to elaborate...I showed up at Eyecare Associates with Joey on Monday morning right when they opened. We had not called and we did not have an appt. We explained that we were from out of town and that I had an eye infection and couldn't see to drive, take care of my child (Joey's mom had a doc appt. and was going to have to leave and Joey had to be somewhere to be also) or do anything and really needed a doctor. They were just as nice as they could possibly be (not huffy like I figured they would be since we walked in without an appt on a Monday morning)and we waited about 10 minutes and they took me back, the doctor came in, examined my eye, etc., etc. On the way out the doctor offered to call in my prescription (he didn't make me look up the number) and offered to call my doctor in Mobile and get my eyeglass prescription so we could take it to Lenscrafters and get my glasses in an hour. I was blown away at how nice and HELPFUL they were. I haven't experienced customer service like that in a long time. If you have, consider yourself lucky. We left there and went straight to Lenscrafters. We walked in and this really nice girl helped us. Joey had to leave me there and go back to his mom's because he had somewhere to be so my mom came to pick me up and take me back to my MIL's house. The girl was so helpful. I couldn't see to pick out glasses because I didn't have my glasses or contacts so I just told her to pick something that was in style and inexpensive. I had to model them for her and trust she would tell me what looked good because I couldn't see. We picked some out and she wrote up the order and said they would be done in about an hour and a half. I done in about 15-20 minutes. That whole thing could have really ruined the day, but it didn't because of great customer service!!! I'm so appreciative!!!
P.S. I'm not being dramatic about not being able to function without my glasses. I'm -6.50 in my right eye and -5.75 in my left. It's dangerous for me to walk around without some kind of corrective lenses, so you can imagine how freaked I was that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment