1.) I went to Cottontails this past weekend and it was great! Finley had a little meltdown so I had to leave before I got around to all the booths, but that was to be expected. I got some cute clothes for her for Spring/Summer and I got some things for her Easter basket too. I definitely recommend going, but leave the babies at home ;)
2.)I saw the Eclipse trailer today! I didn't think it was as good as the New Moon trailer, but it definitely got me pumped to see the movie!
3.) Finley's birthday extravaganza begins in a couple weeks. We are having a party in Mobile with our Mobilian friends, a party in Bham with my friends and family and then a third party for my dad's side of the family. I was tempted to put a little note in her invitations that said, "No gifts please." Seriously, we'll have to put a shed out back.
4.) It is 77 degrees in Mobile today. Yippee!!! When Finley gets up from her nap we are going outside.
5.) I read an article today about things moms shouldn't feel guilty about...I want to add something to the list. Moms should not feel guilty about putting their child in an outfit and taking pictures only because the child never got to wear the outfit and is about to outgrow it.
6.) I took Finley to the park this weekend and she LOVED it!! She has never been to one because I can't find one in Mobile that doesn't have homeless people wandering through it. She wore herself out. When I got her back to my mom's I had to bathe her before I could put her to bed. She had grass in her diaper. It was so fun for her!!! I just let her crawl around everywhere and she ruined the outfit she was wearing, but it was so worth it to see her enjoying herself.
7.) At the park, there was a little boy in a push car like she has. She went over to him and tried to get him out of the seat. When she was unsuccessful at that she just walked around to the back of the car and started pushing him away from his mom. It was hilarious!
8.) The reason I went to Bham was because Joey was going to be out of town for a week and I didn't want to be here alone. My mom was out of town too so I had Finley by myself for a week. It was hard!! I didn't have Dada to help me! Thank you Joey for all that you do!!!
9.) I'm back on the weight loss wagon. I actually lost weight while I was in Bham! Gotta keep it up. Bathing suit season is coming! (Cue Jaws music)
10.) This warm weather takes me back to this time last year. I was very pregnant and I had just quit work and was taking a couple weeks to prepare myself(ha,what a joke) for Finley. Then right after she was born it was warm and pretty outside and we would just nap and eat, nap and eat. Sigh! She was such a good baby! I cannot believe it has been almost a year.
11.)Finley is walking more and more. She does best when she's barefoot and on hardwood floors. She really loves to push things across the floor. I went into a store and they had some toys and a little table and chairs set for kids to play with so I set her down and let her play while I looked. A few minutes later I looked over to check on her and she had pushed one of the little chairs all the way to the back of the store! It was probably about 30 or 35ft!
12.) I am currently trying to teach Finley to eat off of a plate without turning it over or throwing it off her high chair. It's not going so well.
13.) For all you Golden Girls fans:
Blanche: I treat my body like a temple.
Sophia: Yeah, open to everyone, day or night.
I LOVE the golden girls!! We went to Cottontails to this weekend and I agree they had great stuff! Finley is getting so big and is so adorable!
ReplyDelete