I realized pretty quickly that since one of my goals in 2011 is to get pregnant, (and hopefully have the baby in the same year) I only have a few months to mark 2 goals off my list. Run a 5K and go on a mission trip. Those are things I do not want to try to accomplish while pregnant. Here is an update...
-The mission trip isn't going to happen. The only ones I can find on my sister's Spring Break are to Haiti and Africa. I want to help people, but I'm not a good enough person to risk getting cholera. Going to Africa is also a dream of mine, but I want to wait until our family is old enough to all go together. Plus, I can't be away from Finley for 2 weeks. Am I being too picky?? Anyway, I found a great website for a company that does service projects in Applachia. Yes, please! Perfect. I'm definitely looking into this. Not too far, helping people in need, 2-5 days away from Finley. This fits the bill.
-I decided to step it up a bit on my goal to run a 5K. Like I said, I don't run, but I'm determined not to let my knee get in the way. Last night I ran 1 mile in about 10 minutes. I jogged really slowly and softly, but I did it! I wasn't exhausted afterwards either. Surprise, surprise! Right then I knew a 5K wasn't going to fulfill me. I needed to step it up. That 1 mile was way too easy. Soooo, I signed up for a 10K in March! I have exactly 10 weeks to train and I already have my training schedule. I start training on Dec. 26th. Actually, WE start training on Dec. 26th. Joey signed up with me. It took very little convincing. I think it will be awesome to do it together! Wish us luck in training and I'll be updating everyone on our progress. The only thing I'm really worried about is not having music. You cannot wear headphones in this race. Ugh! I don't know if I can do it without Eminem, Kesha and Pink.
No comments:
Post a Comment