Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stuff My Daughter Says


(23 months)

"Where'd it go?"
"Ouch, he stung me!" (from the bumble bee song)
"Yo Ho...Let's go" (from Jake and the Neverland Pirates)
"You scared me!" (when I jump out of one of the rooms along our hallway when she runs past...trust me, she LOVES it)
"No touch"
"I miss you Mama/Dada" (this one is our favorite)
"Dada's at work"
"Mama, where are you?"
"Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!"
"Clean it up"

Lately, all she wants to do is sing songs. Her favorites are Itsy, Bitsy Spider, ABCs, I Caught Myself a Baby Bumblebee, 3 Little Ducks, this phonics song I found on Youtube and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She can say a lot of the words and she loves to do the hand motions. She won't do it on command, so I'm going to try to secretly tape her singing the words.

You want to know what stuff my daughter does???? Well, today she knocked the fish tank over after I told her repeatedly "No touch!". The counter and sink were covered in fish water. Bleck! Needless to say she got a long time-out for that one. I was literally 2 feet away and I had just turned my back after telling her not to touch Nino when I hear the sound of water sloshing and gravel spilling down into the disposal. She stayed in time-out until I cleaned everything up and I made her come out and apologize to Nino. I could tell she was embarrassed and thought it was ridiculous to apologize to a fish, but he had suffered serious trauma and I felt it was only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment