I think the "princess" obsession has officially begun. The other day at playgroup, Finley found a magic wand at our friend's house and I noticed she held onto it the entire time we were there. We went to Target the next day and I saw one so I got it for her because I'll buy her anything that will entertain her. I couldn't resist the purple dress up shoes that matched so we got those too. We got home and I put them on her and she walked up and down our hallway for about 20 minutes listening to the clicking of her heels on the hardwood. It was so funny! Several months ago, my sister-in-law gave us a suitcase full of Disney princess dress-up clothes that her daughter had outgrown. Finley wasn't the least bit interested when I first introduced them, but yesterday I thought I'd get them down from the attic and try again. She's been so into the movie Tangled that I thought I might have better luck this time. I was right! I held up each dress and asked her if she wanted to put this dress on and she said no to every dress until I got to the Aurora's dress. (Sleeping Beauty) I don't know why she chose it, maybe because it look a lot like Rapunzel's dress. Anyway, we put it on and I hemmed it so she could walk and she wore it for a couple hours. We also found a crown in the suitcase so she was set!
Even though she takes her role as Queen very seriously...

she's able to strike a good balance between work and play.
No comments:
Post a Comment