Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Last day with Ethan

I honestly can't remember if I ever mentioned that I was keeping a friend's baby two days a week. I've been doing it since August, so surely I've mentioned it. If not, Jessica is a friend and sorority sister who also happens to be Finley's pediatrician. Long story short, she needed child care and I wanted to make a little extra money so we decided I would keep Ethan two days a week. I planned to keep Ethan until Sam was born, but as I got bigger and more uncomfortable and as I realized how little time I had left with just me and Finley, I decided I needed to leave a little sooner. Luckily, Jessica had someone lined up and it was no problem. Finley absolutely loved going to Ethan's house. She loved their dog Dixie and playing with Ethan's toys. As he got older she also loved to make him laugh and help me do things for him. I feel very fortunate that I had the opportunity. I'm hoping it helped get me back in baby mode and that it got Finley comfortable seeing me with another child. She never got upset or jealous when I held, rocked or fed Ethan. Who knows what will happen when it's her little brother and it's happening all the time, but I can hope, right. We are going to miss our Ethan. We have really enjoyed watching him grow. I will also miss seeing Jessica. Since she is Finley's pediatrician and will be Sam's also, we will get to see her a good bit after Sam is born, but it won't be the same :( We love you Ethan!!! You are a sweet little boy and we will miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment