Friday, May 10, 2013

Pre-K

Finley was accepted into the pre-K program at JVES! So excited!!! I have heard wonderful things about the program and I think it will be good for our entire family. Finley isn't great with change. She needs to be told in advance about changes and then eased into them. I think this program is great because she is in a real school with other school aged children. SWEEM has been great. They are structured and loving, the parents are involved and caring and the kids are products of that, but the pre-k is only half days/4 days a week and I think for her to transition to kindergarten year after next, she needs to go more often so it isn't such a shock. Her teacher is a masters level teacher with 14 kids and two aides and she'll go M-F from 7:30 to 2pm. Huge change! I ran into a teacher at the school last night and she said her class eats next to the 4 year olds and that the first 2 weeks all the kids are sitting at lunch crying, but after that they are all smiles and having a ball. I'm interested to see how it goes. Another plus is that the program is free because it's public school so I can afford to send Sam to MDO a couple days a week. Big plus for mom! I have no worries about him. He is a social butterfly and begs to get down and play when we pick Finley up. This fall will hold some big changes for us, but I'm excited for them :) Wish us luck!

Now, what will I do with all that free time? Go to lunch with friends, lay on the couch and read a magazine, shop? Let's get real. I will clean the house, do the laundry and maybe squeeze in lunch with Joey once a month. On the bright side, I will be doing all those things in peace and quiet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment