Technically Finley's last day of MDO is tomorrow, but what I call Summer Survival starts today. Summer Survival is the time of year when MDO is out for summer and it's up to mom to fill every hour of those long, hot summer days. It's nice to not have to get up and get Finley to school, but the minute she wakes up every day she wants to know what I have planned so I have to be prepared. I plan on taking advantage of all the days we have before it gets so hot you can't leave the house unless you are going to the pool or some place air-conditioned.
Today we went to Browns Farm with the Chatams to pick strawberries. The boys just hung out in the wagon eating Goldfish and when those were gone they had fun running up and down the rows of strawberry plants. The girls did a great job picking. I was so impressed that they listened and only picked ones that were completely red. The weather was perfect! A trip to McDonald's for lunch wrapped up a perfect playdate.
Strawberries for our neighbors and strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight! What a great start to summer :)


No comments:
Post a Comment