Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Christmas shopping...Ugh!
Today a woman at Kids Kottage reminded me that Christmas was just around the corner. Instead of getting excited to eat good food, visit family and celebrate the birth of our Savior, I found myself moaning to her that I hadn't even started my Christmas shopping. Seriously, I would love to have a Christmas this year with no gifts. I won't buy any and I won't receive any. It's just too much pressure. Who do I need to buy for, what do I get them, how much money should I spend, do we even have that much extra money, trying to think up things I need when people ask me what I want, wrapping presents, loading them in the car, distributing them, mailing them to family I won't see...I have to stop now, I'm feeling overwhelmed. I hope I didn't ruin anyone's Christmas spirit, but I just want to eat, see family, send out Christmas cards, drive around and look at Christmas lights, watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music. Is that too much to ask???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen, sista.
ReplyDelete