Disclaimer: I don't think suicide is something to joke about. I think it is something to be taken very seriously. The following story was kinda funny though because it did not end in tragedy.
Today Finley has been...ummm...difficult. It's raining (surprise, surprise) so we ran a couple errands this morning, but have been confined to the house most of the day. As I explained in the previous post, Finley HATES to be stuck at home. I texted Joey earlier today asking if he could come home early because I needed a break. I had a few things to do that I cannot get done during the day because of my permanent sidekick ;) He texted back that no he couldn't come home early. I texted back to him that I was going to jump off the roof. Of course, I was joking, but I accidentally texted that message to my friend Courtney who immediately texted back asking if I was okay. I thought oh no!! she really thinks something is wrong. So I tried to call her, but got no answer. Then Joey called the house and I had to practically hang up on him because then Courtney started calling my cell phone and I had to answer to tell her I was fine. We talked for a few minutes and I explained that I sent it to Joey jokingly because I had had a long day. She has 2 boys so she totally understood and we got off the phone. I had to laugh afterwards at my 10 seconds of insanity worrying that my friends thought I was suicidal. Anyways, Joey is coming home soon to relieve me so I have to get dressed so we can do a handoff at the door. Yes, it's been that bad. I'm telling you, it is a nightmare when Finley has to stay home all day. I have tried bouncy seats, jumparoos, exersaucers, sitting in the floor with her and playing, carrying her around with me in a baby carrier, you name it, I've probably tried it. Taking her outside for a walk or going somewhere is my only relief. I thought when she learned to crawl it would help because she would be a little more independent, but that is not the case. Okay, enough complaining for now :)
bwah, hahaha!! i love it. and i think all mothers understand you. especially the ones who are stuck inside the house all the time. why do you think i drink so much?? ;)
ReplyDelete