Friday, December 4, 2009

When the cat's away, the mice will play ;)



Daddy is the cat in this case. Finley and I are the mice. Joey left us here while he went out in the woods to stalk and kill poor defenseless animals who are just eating grass and minding their own business. (He reads my blog) Soooo, Finley and I made a quick trip to Ocean Springs, MS. It is a really cute little town! It's kind of like Fairhope. It has lots of cute little shops and restaurants downtown and it has sidewalks and a trolley that takes you around town. There are 2 childrens shops I like to go to there. One is Lexi Lu and the other is Sugar and Spice. They both have cute things, but Lexi Lu would be the envy even of children's boutiques in LA. They have it all!! Clothes, clothes and more clothes, shoes, hairbows, hats, 1st birthday stuff, tutus, dancewear, nursery decor, diaper bags, baby jewelry, burp cloths, blankets...you name it, they've got it. I like it because they have something for everyone. They have sweet little baby clothes and they have smocked dresses, but they also have what I call "big people" clothes. They have those wild and crazy clothes with tutus and rhinestones all over them also. Clothes that you and I would wear, but in baby sizes. If you are ever in that area, please go by and check it out. Anyway, they had a sale and were doing pictures with Santa, so I thought we'd drive down and spend the day. It only takes about 45 minutes from my house. Finley was great the whole way there. We went to those 2 stores, had our picture made with Santa and then just strolled through downtown. We had lunch at Mellow Mushroom and then headed back. When we got home I took Finley to the front of our neighborhood because they have some cute benches and took pictures of Finley in her Christmas dress from Cici because I really just don't have enough pictures of this child;) I took a green Christmas ornament with me as a prop and I could have sworn it was shatterproof, but sure enough she was holding it on the way back and SMASH! It is now all over my street. Oh well. I'm hoping she'll go down for a nap soon so I can relax. "We" got up extra early this morning and I just lost my 2nd wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment