Wednesday, February 2, 2011

$25 Grocery Challenge



Here's what I got...
(2) packages Kraft shredded cheese
(2) boxes Wheat Thins
(1) package Kraft cheese singles
(2) Reese's peanut butter cups (Finding a B1G1 coupon for these=pure joy)
(1) package pita bread
(6) 6 oz. cups Dannon yogurt
(2) cans Campbell's Great for Cooking soups
(1) Marzetti's veggie dip
(1) canister Planter's peanuts (I had forgotten how good honey roasted peanuts are)
(2) jars Pace salsa
(1) package baby carrots
(1) 1/2 gallon milk
(1) 16 oz. carton of sour cream
(2) cartons of hummus
(1) loaf Publix bread
3 lbs. of bananas
2 lbs. grapes

Total before sales and coupons: $63.75
Total after sales and coupons: $ 32.31

Not a great week for savings for me, but I got a lot of yummy snacks. Since Finley has sworn off milk we are eating a lot of yogurt and cheese, so it was good to get some dairy deals this week. I'm going to try not to eat both the Reese's cups today...oh, who am I kidding, they'll be gone by lunchtime :)

This week we're having...
Leftover chili and cornbread
Chicken tetrazzini
Red beans and rice
The rest of the meals will be a combination of restaurant gift cards, leftovers and eating at other people's houses. Yay!

Happy Couponing!!!

2 comments:

  1. So, I showed Greg your last few couponing posts, and he said I needed to come hang out with you and get lessons. hehe. :) Way to go with you money-saving self!

    ReplyDelete