Monday, November 30, 2009

So much to be thankful for...


Finley's 1st Thanksgiving was great!! Joey and I are so thankful for our beautiful, healthy, happy little bug! It was also a really busy one. We drove to Bham Wednesday around noon. She did pretty good on the drive up. Joey's parents watched Finley that night so Joey and I could go on a "date". They are few and far between. The only time we get to do that is when we go home. We ate at Brio and went to see New Moon. It was really good, but I can't help but compare it to the book and of course the book is sooo much better. On Thanksgiving Day we went and ate at my mom's house and then went over to Joey's grandparents house. We saw lots of family and friends and ate WAY too much (Joey and I started a diet today). Friday, my friend Nicole and I went shopping for a little while and had lunch at Moe's BBQ. Then, I headed over to my brother and sister in law's house to watch the Iron Bowl. It was a really good game!! I can only watch football when it's really exciting. That night we ate at Village Tavern with Joey's parents and my parents. Now that I'm writing this, I'm realizing that we ate our way through Birmingham :)!! Joey and I bought a couple Christmas gifts and got Finley some things at The Summit. I miss the restaurants and shopping in Birmingham so much! (Sigh) We went back to Curt and Laura's (Joey's brother and his wife) for their son Drew's birthday on Saturday. He had a Transformers party. Sunday we left around 10am and stopped in Prattville to see my cousin, his wife and their kids. We had fun. They love Finley!! Then we headed back to MoBORING. That's my new name for Mobile. We got home and unpacked and got settled back home. We are all exhausted. I can't believe we will do it again in a month. I'm so excited for Christmas though!!!! We're taking Finley to see Santa at the Bass Pro Shop tomorrow night so that should be fun. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment