I've decided our party should have a name;) We had a great time last night!!! My friend Courtney brought a friend of hers I had never met and it actually turns out that I knew her husband from my old job. Some of our neighbors that I had never really met, but Joey knew, came over. They were so nice. I took approx. 2 pictures because I forgot, but oh well. Everyone came over around 6:30 and we just ate and talked all night. It was a nice relaxing night. I love to get dressed up and go to a party, but it was a nice change to just put on jeans and grill hamburgers and sit around the kitchen table talking and telling stories. Good times!! The guys stayed outside all night except when they came in to eat, but according to Joey they had a good time hanging around the fire pit and drinking beer. God only knows what they talked about;)We women hung out in the kitchen (it always seems that people gravitate to that area) and just talked and laughed. I am definitely going to plan a game night after the first of the year. I kind of forgot how fun it was to have friends over and how much I missed it. We hardly had any leftover food, just some cupcakes and brownies which unfortunately I had for breakfast. (Sigh) I've got to get back on the wagon. Anyway, a successful party was a great way to start off the weekend. Joey and I have already been to Target this morning and are going to take Finley to Bellingrath Gardens tonight to see the Christmas lights show. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
1st Annual Dambro Christmas Cookout
I've decided our party should have a name;) We had a great time last night!!! My friend Courtney brought a friend of hers I had never met and it actually turns out that I knew her husband from my old job. Some of our neighbors that I had never really met, but Joey knew, came over. They were so nice. I took approx. 2 pictures because I forgot, but oh well. Everyone came over around 6:30 and we just ate and talked all night. It was a nice relaxing night. I love to get dressed up and go to a party, but it was a nice change to just put on jeans and grill hamburgers and sit around the kitchen table talking and telling stories. Good times!! The guys stayed outside all night except when they came in to eat, but according to Joey they had a good time hanging around the fire pit and drinking beer. God only knows what they talked about;)We women hung out in the kitchen (it always seems that people gravitate to that area) and just talked and laughed. I am definitely going to plan a game night after the first of the year. I kind of forgot how fun it was to have friends over and how much I missed it. We hardly had any leftover food, just some cupcakes and brownies which unfortunately I had for breakfast. (Sigh) I've got to get back on the wagon. Anyway, a successful party was a great way to start off the weekend. Joey and I have already been to Target this morning and are going to take Finley to Bellingrath Gardens tonight to see the Christmas lights show. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
fun! we're addicted to having people over. sometimes when it gets close to dinnertime, i think, "why did we invite people over AGAIN?" at least it keeps the house clean.
ReplyDelete