
I just caused a scene at the Wal-Mart Photo Center. I finally got my blood pressure down and my headache is almost gone, but basically, I uploaded some pictures and went to pick them up. The girl at the counter would not give them to me because she said they looked like professional photos and she had to have a copyright release form. I understand this policy, however, no where on the website(except for the fine print which is located about 5 clicks into the website) or when I was checking out online did it say anything about making sure I brought a signed copyright release form from the photographer. Even then, I still understand and agree with that portion of the policy. But, last week I went to the exact same photo center and purchased pictures taken by a professional photographer and was not asked for a release. I've actually got professional pics printed there twice and never been asked for this information. I argued my case and then left, then went back and argued some more and then gave up. Then Joey went back and got a manager(he's a good hubby!) The brain-dead manager and the brain-dead counter girl whispered behind the counter before coming over to us and staring at us until we spoke. Joey explained that he didn't understand why all of a sudden we had to have a copyright release form. Basically if the Wal-Mart employee "thinks" they are professional photos they won't give them to you (sometimes). The manager actually thought one of the pictures I took with my $70 camera was a professional picture and he thought one of my professional pictures was a snapshot. I asked him which ones he would let me have and he handed me one of Johanna's pictures and I held it up and said this is a professional picture, you're going to give me this one, but not the others? He literally tried to snatch it out of my hand. I said, I'm not giving it back to you you already said I could have it. He started back-pedaling saying that he hadn't "approved" that picture for sale. Sure, Michael, I'll bet you approve every picture that leaves the Wal-Mart Photo Center. It was actually kind of funny to see his face when I said I wasn't giving it back. Then he took one of the pictures I took of Finley out of the pile he said I could have and changed his mind and said it was professional. I said, See you don't know what's professional and what's not so give me all of them!! I tried to explain that he was was about to violate his own copyright policy by giving me a professional pic so he might as well just give me all my pictures. He didn't follow me. In fact, I think he may have been a remote control human whose batteries were running low because he continued to babble, speak in incomplete sentences, trail off and stare blankly at me and Joey. I was infuriated!! I had a list of things to get done today and I haven't been able to do that because they involved these pictures. If I were smart I would have just said I was the photographer, but I tried to be honest and it got me nowhere. I just messaged my photographer on Facebook and asked if I could forge her signature and I'm waiting to hear back from her. What I want to do is forge her name and re-order my prints and go up to Wal-Mart and try to get them without the release. Depending on whose working I may be able to get them without the release in which case I will ask for the manager who I had the unfortunate experience of meeting tonight and let him know that I got my pictures without a release and I will be contacting Wal-Mart and letting them know that the copyright policy was violated on his watch and that he could have avoided the whole thing had he just given me my pictures last night when I proved he had no idea which pictures where professional and which were not in which case the customer should just get the pictures. Who are the Wal-Mart employees to judge what is a professional picture? They obviously don't know the difference. He thought the picture I have posted here was a snapshot. IDIOT!!!!!!!! I could easily just go across town to Calagaz and get them printed, but now I'm pissed and I want Michael (brain dead ignoramus) to feel my wrath.
Okay, I'm done. Nighty Night.
We had this same thing happen to us a few times at our Walmart. They thought a picture that I took was a professional picture and wouldn't give it to me, but yet they printed and gave me some of the real professional pictures. Thankfully since having Emerson and taking SO many pictures, we now are friends with all the people that work at the photo center at our Walmart and they will pretty much print anything for us and even give us extra copies sometimes if they think that they are super cute pictures. Hope you get your pictures!!
ReplyDeletethis is hilarious! i, too, have had this same thing happen. and they actually tore my pics that i had printed in half (for dramatic effect) and would not give them to me. i am not usually one to make a scene but that was a little over the top. some people think they have way too much power. i just print them other places now.
ReplyDelete