Monday, February 1, 2010

A whirlwind tour...






You know when the media uses that term "whirlwind tour" to describe a singer or band that just got done with a busy concert schedule? Well, the Dambro family just got done with a whirlwind tour and we are all exhausted!I think it was one of our best trips to Bham ever! For me, anyway! I got a much needed dose of friends and it was wonderful. I feel like I'm back in the loop somewhat. Finley is tired too. She has already gone down for a morning nap and she woke up at 7am. Unfortunately I have to go to the post office so I will be forced to get out of my pajamas today :(

Finley and I left Wednesday night about 7:30 and she slept the entire way! Yay! I actually don't mind driving at night. She sleeps so it's nice and quiet and when I leave in the middle of the week the roads are empty so I can put my cruise control on and just ride. The only thing I don't like is that all along the way I kept seeing deer eating grass on the side of the interstate and they were so close to the road!! There were tons of them! I saw at least 50 on my way up. I wouldn't see them until I was already pretty close and I kept worrying one would try to cross the road and I wouldn't be able to stop fast enough and I couldn't risk trying to swerve and losing control of the car so I guess I would just have to hit it. Geez! I really hope that never happens!! Anyway, we got to my mom's house and got her inside and brought everything in. Finley went back to sleep pretty easily. Thursday we went to eat lunch with my mom and then Finley got her 9 month pictures taken (she'll be 10 months tomorrow so we're a little behind). Finley was really good and I can't wait to see them! That night I went to dinner with some friends from high school and we had lots of fun laughing and catching up. Friday Joey joined us after his hunting trip to Marion. That night we grilled steaks at my mom's with some family friends. I'll go ahead and tell you that I did not follow WW this weekend and I'm not even weighing in today because I know I blew it. I'm going to do good today and weigh in tomorrow. Saturday we went to Waffle House for breakfast and then we went to Best Buy and a couple computer stores so Joey could look for some gadget. We went to his mom's for lunch and she had hamburgers and brownies for dessert. Finley played with her cousins and we all just sat around and "visited". That night Joey and I went to dinner with my bestie, Kristen, and her husband. I miss her so much!! Then we went and met up with some of Joey's fraternity brothers down in Lakeview. Sunday we got up and started doing laundry and packing up. I took Finley to Amy's baby shower and she had so much fun. She played with my friend Tiffany's little girl and she crawled all over the place. Now that she can crawl, once we get somewhere and she gets comfortable there, she wants DOWN!!! She had some yummy cake and little pimento cheese sandwiches, which we discovered that she loves. Amy looked ridiculously good. It's really not fair. She was the equivalent of a pregnant Heidi Klum. I was 40 lbs. heavier, swollen and pimple faced. It's just wrong!! Anyway, she got lots of good stuff and I can't wait to find out what she's having. For the record, I think it's a boy because she is just as skinny as ever, but with a little basketball belly. We left the shower and went by my step-sister's house and saw Mimi, Natalie and Aunt Cheryl. We played with the doggies, Max and Henry, too. Then we hit the road. Our next stop was Prattville to see my cousin and his wife and kids. Staci and I watched some of the Grammys and she made a roast for dinner. Joey had gone ahead of me when I went to the shower and hunted a little since it was the last day of hunting season, thank goodness! He and my cousins came home and we all ate and the kids played with Finley. We left there about 8pm and she slept the whole way home and went to sleep pretty easily when we got home. Now you know why we are all so tired!!! It was a really great weekend though!

We have a pretty uneventful week ahead which is GREAT!!! I hope it warms up so Finley and I can spend sometime outdoors. I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Glad ya'll had such a good time!! Finley is as pretty as ever. Next time you come in town facebook me, and we can meet up. I would love to see you and Finley!! Hope ya'll are having a great week!! What if...

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete