Wednesday, May 19, 2010

13 months...



I haven't done an update on Finley's mad skills in a while so I thought I would do one today in lieu of Thursdays Thirteen.

At 13 (and a half) months...

Finley says... mama, dada, hi, pop (popcorn), side (outside), baba (bottle), duck, quack and bow (hairbow). She'll say a lot of other words, but she will only repeat them back to you. She doesn't know what you are talking about unless you point.

Finley eats... almost anything. Peas make her gag just by being in her sight. She loves peanut butter, bananas, M&Ms, pancakes, ice cream, sweet tea, juice, any kind of meat, potatoes, grits, Nutri-grain bars, turkey dogs, french fries, yogurt, bread...you get the idea. Unfortunately she is like her mommy in that she doesn't like vegetables.

Finley loves... music, dancing, playing with Joey's iphone, pretending to talk on the phone, playing on the computer, playing outside, swimming, being chased by Mommy and Daddy, dogs, running through Target or anywhere else I put her down, being held, her blankie, bubbles and Yo Gabba Gabba.

She is not walking, but running!!! She can go in and out of the front and back door as long as she holds on to the door frame. It is so cute!

She is drinking whole milk now, but we have not ditched the bottle. To tell you the truth, I'm just not in any hurry. We'll get around to it eventually. She does drink juice out of a sippy cup, but she will only drink milk out of a bottle. I think we have finally taught her to put her cup or bottle in her carseat cupholder instead of throwing it when she is finished.

Finley has 6 teeth and 2 more that we can see coming in. I'll have to get her height and weight at the next doctor's appointment, but as far as I can tell she is growing, growing, growing!

She is a joy and makes every day an adventure! We love you bug!

4 comments:

  1. ugh how did you get her to eat table foods???? aaron won't put any food in his mouth himself, and any "real food" we put in his mouth he spits out then pushes away. also, look into the Born Free sippy cup transition nipple. it's what we're using right now. so aaron still gets the "hey that's my bottle" feeling with a little different top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! All the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenn! Camille, I will have to look for the Born Free cup. As far as getting her to eat table foods, once the doc said she she had no food restrictions we just started cutting up what we ate and giving it to her. I'm not much help! I give Finley all the credit on that one. She did really well with the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new camera and photos. She is just growing up so fast. Coming down there next week if at all possible and can not wait until the beach! She's all mine when we get there! Love yall

    ReplyDelete