Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

Every year we try to do something for others at Christmas. It makes us happy! We usually don't do the same thing every year. This year, I think we may have found something we'll stick with :) Samaritan's Purse does Operation Christmas Child and it was easy, fun and inexpensive. I found out about OCC on the southernsavers website. Here is the link to their website and if you want to be suckered into participating, just watch the video below :) I've been meaning to post this sooner because the drop off week is this week. The website tells exactly how to pack a box. It's really easy!

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/



We did one box for a girl and one box for a boy, both ages 2-4. Everything in it came from the Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart. Each box was about $25. You can even print labels with bar codes so you can see where your box ends up! We put a card and a family picture in too. I wish we could see a video or picture of the child that received our box. How cool would that be? Here's what we put inside.





I know it will make two children very, very happy this Christmas:)

1 comment:

  1. That is such a wonderful idea! Is there still time for us to do this?

    ReplyDelete