Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekend in the 'boro.

Saturday morning we drove up to Joey's old stomping grounds. Murfreesboro, TN! Joey moved there right after college graduation to train with CED. He met some great friends while he was there. John and Julie invited us up for the weekend and we had a great time. They have 3 children, 1 of which is just a few months older than Finley so she had plenty of playmates. The kids played and Julie watched Finley while I did a little shopping (that's a true friend!)That night we left the kids with a baby-sitter and went to dinner at Chuy's. Sunday morning Joey made chocolate chip pancakes for everyone and we just sat around in our pajamas and talked and watched the kids play while Joey and John messed with every electronic device in the house. It was a relaxing weekend and it was nice to get out a town for a few days. Thanks John and Julie!



Finley with Owen, Grayson and Catherine



Yay! A night amongst adults!

We also picked up our Christmas tree on the way home. Yay! Joey and I argued over whether or not this one tree would be too big ;) I KNOW it would have fit, but I love the one we chose. I'm headed out to get lights and ornaments tomorrow. Unfortunately, our ornaments, lights and probably some other decorations I've forgotten about are still in our house in Mobile. Not sure if and/or how we will get them to Huntsville because we definitely aren't driving down there for a few Christmas ornaments. A big box of balls from Costco will have to do this year :(



A little Christmas tree shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment