Here is Finley with her Build-a-Bear and in her shirt from Grandad.
Finley and I put a lot of miles on the Honda today. We went to the YMCA to read to the kids this morning. Boy, that is a wild bunch!!! Every time I leave I tell the teacher "Good Luck". My ears are ringing when I leave that place. Then, we went over to the Eastern Shore to Build-a-Bear. Finley got a gift certificate for her birthday from Marilyn and Carrie. She picked out a pink bear and we dressed it in a ballet costume. We actually had enough left over for another animal, but I decided to save that for a rainy day;) We browsed around Gymboree and they had the cutest purple floral bathing suit that was only $10 so I got that and then bolted before things got out of hand. We drove home, I changed her diaper, fed her lunch and then we got back in the car and went to Finley's 1 year appointment. She is 20 lbs. 13 oz. and 29 inches long. Smack dab in the middle of the growth chart. He said she has no food restrictions and we could start her on whole milk. He also said no more ba-ba. Yikes! We'll see how it goes. Finley has yet to become attached to anything in particular (except me) so maybe it won't be so bad. She had a taste of milk tonight. She gagged and refused to drink any more so I gave her formula in a bottle ONE LAST TIME:) We'll start fresh tomorrow. The doc told me something funny. He said in the next 3 months she would only gain ounces, not pounds. Then he said, "If you went down to Friday's and ate lunch, you would gain more weight in that one sitting than she will gain by the time you come in next." Interesting. She got her first dose of MMR and only cried while she was on the table. The minute I picked her up she stopped and then she pointed at the nurse (with her middle finger which she has confused with her pointer finger) and started babbling like she was telling her to leave. It was so funny! We came back home and then left again to go meet my mom on Airport so I could give her an outfit I need her to exchange for me in Bham. We came back home and then when Joey got home we went out to eat. Whew! I promised Finley we would stay home tomorrow and play in the driveway. Her new favorite thing to do is push her push toys up and down the driveway. She even stops a ways from the street and turns around. It's amazing how fast they learn! She gets faster and faster everyday so I am glued to her when we go outside. I don't like all these grown up, big girl milestones she's reaching. It's all happening a little too fast. Lately I've had the urge to put her in the bed with me when she naps so we can lay together and watch a movie. I've resisted for now:) Night, night!
i love the build-a-bear she picked out. ya know, both of my girls have yet to do that...i know, i know, and abby's almost 4. (gasp) bad mommy!!
ReplyDelete