Friday, April 9, 2010

Summer Days:)




Ahh, summer days and nights are getting close. There is nothing better! Yesterday Finley and I did leave the house for a little while even though we hadn't planned on it. We went over to this little shopping center in Mobile for a little while. I had to exchange a dress a friend got us for her bday and the Eastern Shore location didn't have her size so we checked the Mobile location and they did. Yay! I loved it and was hoping they would have it! It was so nice out so I let Finley walk up and down the shopping center. She talked to all the people and of course everyone said she was beautiful. As you other moms know, that never gets old ;) We looked at the flowers and walked over to the big fountain in the middle. It was fun!! I thought she would get tired, but she never did. I took a few pics, but wasn't brave enough to get one in front of the fountain. I can be a bit of a risk taker to get a cute pic, but I wasn't about to risk my child falling into a big fountain of water. Unfortunately, I think she may have my taste in cars. We were walking and she kept looking at the cars that were parked along the curb and we saw a convertible Porsche. She walked past at least 10 or 15 cars, but walked straight to the Porsche and put her hand on it. It was hilarious! We were right in front of Zoe's and the women sitting out front started dying because they had watched us walk from way down the other side and saw that she went straight to it. At the same time the man who owned it walked out and said, "You wanna go for a ride?" She looked up at him and smiled and everyone said "AWWW!" in unison. It was a really cute moment. This child is so precious to me and everything she does makes me smile and swell up with pride. I can't believe she is a year old!!!! We came home and changed clothes and went outside to push our Pooh car in the driveway as I promised. Daddy came home early which was awesome and we grilled burgers on the back porch as the sun was setting and Finley played with her outdoor toys Grammie and Papa got her while I laid on a beach towel. It doesn't get much better than that, right? She loved her water toys! The water was pretty cold, but it was really warm out. We put her under this big ball that shoots water out and she just stood there and smiled. She loves water. I pray that when she gets older, we can get a lake place so I can teach her to ski like my dad did with me. If anyone wants to go in with us, let me know;)

Finley is doing better with the milk. I got some great advice on FB. What did we do before FB? It has helped me out more times than I can count! I have done 4 ounces of formula with 2 ounces of whole milk in a bottle yesterday and I'm going to do it today and then tomorrow I think I'll do 4 ounces of milk and 2 ounces of formula in a bottle and then switch and do that in a sippy cup and then go all whole milk in a sippy cup. Hopefully, she just needs a smoother transition.

We've got some neighbors coming over for dinner so I gotta clean and cook. Yikes! I'm sticking with a no brainer. Grilled chicken and pasta with a salad. If anyone has a good zuccini recipe I'd love to have it. I really like it but haven't had the guts to try and make it. I hope everyone has a Happy Friday and a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment