"I just wanna go back in time, to American honey" (my current favorite song)
This weekend was so much fun! I feel like I ran a marathon all weekend. Friday morning Finley and I headed to Bham. She did WONDERFUL on the way up! She slept for about 2 hours and then just sat in her seat and played, talked and watched a DVD for the other 2 hours. I think we are making some real progress in the car. We went straight to my mom's to unload a ton of stuff we were selling in her yard sale. My mom and I went up to Lilipad because she had to get a couple gifts and I had a store credit to use. Then Finley and I headed to my MIL's house where we were staying. We just hung out there the rest of the night. Joey arrived later on that day. Saturday morning we got up really early and headed over to my mom's to help her with the yard sale. It was a HUGE success!!! We got rid of a lot of stuff we don't need or use and we made a little money. I know for a fact I came in contact with some hoarders. I kind of wished I could have followed some of those people home. Hoarders fascinate me. Joey left to play in a golf tournament and I went back to my MIL's house to pick up Finley for a birthday party at Jump Zone. One of my oldest friends has a little girl who turned 2. Her party was so cute! We got there a little late, but better late than never, right? Finley walked all over the place waving at people. She even walked up to this one little girl and took her hand and started leading her around the room. It was the cutest thing ever! I had never seen her do that before. Finley had her first taste of cookie cake too! We left there and went to the BBQ at the Zoo fundraiser. We met some friends there and just hung out for a while. We didn't actually eat any BBQ, but it smelled really good. We met Joey back at his mom's house and then I went over to my sister-in-law's house to help her get ready for my niece's Baptism luncheon. Finley stayed home and played with her cousins which is great because they entertain her and she is worn out once they leave. I got home and collapsed into bed. Finley slept great while we were there except for one night when she cried for a while before falling back asleep. The poor thing sleeps in so many different beds it's a wonder she sleeps at all. In 2 days she's slept in 3 different cribs. Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church. Anna Grace was baptized during the 10:30am service so we put Finley in the nursery. She did great! I stayed in there with her for a while and then snuck out while she was eating some goldfish. When I came back she was rocking in a chair with one of the workers. Of course, she started crying when she saw me. The girl said it was the first time she had cried since she got there. Go figure. Anyway, the service was great and Anna Grace's actual Baptism was really special and I am so glad we got to be there. We went back to my sis-in-law's house for a delicious lunch...BBQ, ham, potato casserole, baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw and cake! YUM! We left there, went back to my MIL's house and changed and headed to Joey's alumni baseball game at Chelsea HS. All the alumni played against the current players. Finley only lasted a little while. It was hot and I didn't have any sunscreen so I took her home after about 30 minutes and went back to watch my man in action. The oldies won!! Yay! Luckily and surprisingly Joey did not get injured. We'll see if he can get out of bed tomorrow. That will be the test. After that we decided that even though we were exhausted we just had to take advantage of child care so we had a date night. We had dinner at Brio then we went to Serendipity Sweets for dessert and then we went through the car wash. Date night doesn't stop us from getting our to do lists done;) We got home a few hours ago and I'm about to fall in the bed. I haven't even unpacked my car. Ugh!!! We are headed back to Bham on Friday so I may just leave it all in there:) I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! I also hope this post makes some kind of sense. I'm so tired! Night, Night.
I miss Brio!
ReplyDelete