Wednesday, January 19, 2011

$25 Grocery Challenge

I got a new font for my blog post titles and it does something funky to my dollar signs.

This trip was really great until I bought strawberries and bananas. The strawberries looked so good and Finley is averaging 2-3 bananas a day so I had no choice. That girl loves bananas! It sent me $8 over what I planned to spend :(

Here's what I got...



(2) bags of salad
(4) jars of Ragu pasta sauce
(3) bottles of salad dressing
(2) Kraft Mac and Cheese dinners
(2) tubs of Country Crock butter
(10) cups of Yoplait yogurt
(1) carton of Publix eggs
(2) Pillsbury crescent rolls
(2) cartons of Minute Maid orange juice
(1) 1/2 gallon of milk
(1) carton of strawberries
(4) lbs. of bananas

Total spent: $32.17
Total saved: $31.87

There were some really good deals this week. The mac and cheese dinners were .24 each. The butter was a money maker. It was .94 and I had a $1 off coupon. The yogurt was a good deal too. I bought 10 cups for $2.

I have $18.81 to spent next week so I'm still on track to spend $100 on groceries this month! I'm going back to Publix on Sunday because there are a few items that go on sale this weekend and a few coupons that come out on Sunday. I'll get cereal, deli meat, Ritz crackers and Gatorade. I probably won't do a post, but I should spend about $4.

Happy Couponing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job...i think i'll just sit back and drink some wine while YOU teach the class tomorrow night :-)

    ReplyDelete