I'm totally kidding! I don't necessarily like that I no longer look like I did when I was 19, but I'm fine with getting older. Joey gets better looking every year...it's so unfair :( Joey and I are only 6 days apart. His birthday was on the 8th and mine was the 14th. We didn't do much on our actual birthdays. I made him some red velvet cupcakes for his and he brought me lunch on mine. This past weekend, we went to Nashville with my best friend Kristen and her husband Sam. We love them both very much and we had a great time!!! My mom came up to watch Finley for us (Thank you Mom!) Kristen and Sam drove up from Bham Saturday and then we rode together to Nashville. It's great to be so close to such an awesome city! We got there and checked into our hotel. We went and had drinks and appetizers at a sports bar near the hotel. I think it was called Buffalo Billiards. We went back to the hotel to relax until dinner. It was really nice to just lie in bed and watch television without interruption :) A friend of Joey's was nice enough to make us reservations at a great restaurant called The Bound'ry. We had a reserved table in the bar area so we had cocktails before dinner. The food was amazing!!! After cocktails, bread, dinner and dessert we could barely move, but we headed out to the bars to live it up! Downtown was packed because the Nashville Predators played a big game against the Chicago Blackhawks. We walked to a bar called The Stage. We had the best time! The band was so good and played a ton of good country songs that we knew all the words to. We danced and sang and people watched for hours. We actually stayed out until after midnight. I was shocked I made it that long ;) Nothing will make you feel older than going out to a bar and getting pushed and shoved by a bunch of kids and actually being annoyed by it instead of being so tipsy you don't care. When we walked out of the bar it felt like we had cotton in our ears. We were deaf from the loud music. So pathetic! We got up Sunday morning (Happy Birthday Kristen!)and had breakfast and then drove around Nashville looking for celebrities. We did get to see Carrie Underwood's house in Governor's Club. Unfortunately, I read today that she has been in Canada with her hubby for the past few weeks. I was really hoping I was in the same vicinity at least :( We got back to our house and said our goodbyes. We were so tired! Finley, Joey and I took a 3 hour nap. It was a great weekend! I hope everyone else had a great one too!
I didn't take a single picture :( I really need to get a small digital camera that fits in my purse. I've been a major slacker in the picture department.
Chase got me a Cannon S95 for Christmas and I love it! Just a suggestion. I'm glad you and Joey had good birthdays. May you both have many many more!!
ReplyDelete