Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Target find...

Finley and I ventured out into the snow this morning because we had to get out of the house! Snow was everywhere, but the roads were clear so we had no trouble. I did have to get a running start going up the driveway, but we made it home safely :) Target was completely empty. I'm pretty sure we were the only ones there, so we just took our time and walked up and down every aisle. We picked up a Winnie the Pooh coloring book and two pictures for the dining room. I've been looking for two things to put on either side of the window for a while now. I wasn't sure if I wanted pictures or photographs or what. Before I show you what I got, I found a rug I really want for my dining room. Here it is...



I really like it. I want my dining room to be light, but I knew I needed a little color, but I hadn't decided on anything. Well, I saw this rug about a week ago and then I came across this picture in Target today.



They are the same shade of dark blue and the floral patterns in both go with the flowers on my lamp so I decided to try them out. I put them on the wall, but they were too dark with the frames. A little primer here, some spray paint there and voila!




I really like the way they turned out. I ordered a few things from Z Gallerie with a gift card from my mom so hopefully they will be here soon. I'm DYING to get my chandelier, but it's still on back order :(

I love that we're getting snow, but it's time for it to go. I feel restless stuck in the house, although not restless enough to clean which is what I really need to do.

1 comment:

  1. I happened onto your blog from Leighton's. Great dining room look! Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete