Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to Mommyhood.

Well, this weekend was weird. I had a great time, but it was like I didn't know what to do with myself since I didn't have Finley. I kind of felt like the old Elizabeth, but a little sadder. I did better than I thought I would though. I didn't cry once, but on Sunday I woke up and was itching to get home to my bug! Joey and his parents stayed with Finley so I knew she was in good hands.

My old boss, Dr. Parker, invited me to come watch her daughter, Courtney, compete in Alabama's Junior Miss. It has become kind of a tradition. I saw Courtney win Miss Alabama Teen USA in Birmingham. I had planned to watch her compete in Miss Teen USA in the Bahamas, but the night before we had to cancel our trip because a certain fetus decided to make Mommy sick as a dog for the first 6 months of her pregnancy. I'm not bitter though ;) Then, I went to see her compete in Baldwin County Junior Miss and now Alabama's Junior Miss. She represented Baldwin County and she did a great job!!! She made it into the Top 8!!! Carrie, my friend and Dr. Parker's current assistant, left Friday about noon. We stayed at the Renaissance hotel in Montgomery and it was beautiful. We went to the first night of competition on Friday night and ate at IHOP afterwards with some friends. Saturday we went to eat at Shashy's for lunch and then went to the second round of competition that afternoon. That night before the final competition we went to eat at Saza, which is an Italian restaurant. It was really good! Geez, all we did was eat! We went back that night for the announcement of the Top 8 and then they did their talent, fitness and onstage question again. The winner was a talented pianist and she really stood out in that category. There were some really good talents and some not so good talents, but I could never get up on stage in front of all those people like they did so I'm impressed by that alone. After the competition was over we all headed back to Dr. Parker's suite for a party for Courtney. After that we headed back to the room and crashed! We got up this morning and headed back to Mobile. It's good to be home and I'm glad to have my first time away from Finley under my belt. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment