Friday, January 15, 2010

I miss her already!

I'm leaving around lunch today to go to Montgomery to watch my friend's daughter compete in Junior Miss. On the one hand I'm really excited because it will be a fun girls weekend. I'm going with my friend Carrie and we're going to eat lunch and shop and watch the pageant, etc. I get to sleep in, take an uninterrupted shower, take my time getting ready, eat a meal among adults only. I get to see my old boss who is a very dear friend and her family. Plus, I LOVE watching pageants! You would think I would really be looking forward to it, but I just feel sad today. I am going to miss Finley so much!! This will be the first time I have left her overnight. Actually I will be gone two nights. I know she will be well-taken care of it's just that I don't want her to think I am gone forever. It's irrational, I know, but it breaks my heart to think about her wondering where I am and when I'm coming back. Sometimes she will be in her playroom and I will walk to my bedroom or the kitchen to do something and she will crawl through the house looking for me. This time, though if she does that she won't find me and that is just too sad to think about. I know separation can be good. It will refresh me and maybe it will help her learn that when I leave, it's only for a little while and then I'll come back. Oh geez, I hope I can make it through! Pray for me!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment