I...
took clothes to consignment
took stuff to Goodwill
went to the library
went to the grocery store
dropped off some things to be altered
returned some clothes
returned some phone calls
updated my blog
remembered to bring the dry-cleaning in from my car (its been in there for 3 days)
had lunch with Joey
took Finley for a walk
Yea for me!!
I have to go read books to 3-4 year olds as part of my placement in the Junior League of Mobile. I have to do this every week and I have to read 4 or 5 books each time. I got advice from the lady at the library this time, but if any of you have any suggestions for that age group I would greatly appreciate it. Another girl who has done it for a couple years says that these children have little access to books so they are actually a little behind a typical 3 or 4 year old. Isn't that sad? You would think that if you couldn't afford to purchase books for your child that you would at least take them to the library since its FREE!! It feels good to help, but it also makes me sad. We also pack little backpacks with non-perishable food items for kids to take home from school over the weekend because they don't have food at home. That just flat out makes me want to cry. They eat breakfast and lunch at school, but who knows what, if anything, they eat at home. Anyway, I don't want to get everyone down. We are helping and that's what is important.
Joey Doppler says we're going to have snow flurries in Mobile, but I don't see how that is possible. It is sunny and almost 50 degrees outside. Don't get me wrong, I would love it, I just don't think it will happen. We shall see! What is it with guys and the weather anyway? Joey is constantly running in all excited to tell me what the weather is doing or what it will be like tomorrow. I fake enthusiasm for his sake, but I really don't care. The other night I was working out and the news came on the television and all the men in the gym stopped mid-work out and started walking towards the tv like a bunch of zombies. Then when the weather report was over they stood around discussing it for at least 10 minutes. It was so funny!!! I guess that means Joey is normal;)
No comments:
Post a Comment