Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nice little Saturday...


Having some black eyed peas for good luck:)

Yesterday was such a fun day! Finley turned 9 months old so we "celebrated" with a trip to the outlet mall in Foley. The sales were unbelievable! I got 3 tops from Banana Republic for $40 and Joey got a pair of shoes. He also got 2 shirts from J. Crew that were 50% off. We had lunch and then headed to The Wharf in Orange Beach. If you have never been you should stop by next time you're at the beach. They have a couple nice restaurants, an ice cream shop, a deli, lots of really cute shops, a Ferris wheel and a yacht club. It was cold, but the sun was out so it was really nice. We just strolled and window shopped and took Finley out to see the boats and she watched the Ferris wheel. She slept a bunch in the car which was a nice change from her usual crying;) Joey and I actually got to carry on a conversation. She gets easier and easier to take places every day. She has always been good out in public so I hope it continues. We came home and then I headed out to Castles and Crowns. They just opened a store in Mobile. I knew the smart thing to do would be to buy Finley's dress for Christmas now when all the Christmas stuff is on sale, but I have a hard time spending money now on something she won't wear for another year. My mom bought Finley's dress she wore in her Christmas card pictures and to church which was nice, but I knew I wanted her to have one for next Christmas and I also knew I wasn't going to spend $80 on on a dress she'll wear twice. I have a feeling I'll be doing that plenty when she's older;) Anyway, I found a PRECIOUS baby blue longall with crosses smocked across the the top for $25. I was so excited because I had seen it online a while back and thought it was so cute. I had a couple coupons and a gift card to Gap too so I went there and got her some things. I stopped by Wal-Mart and got Finley these snacks that taste just like cheese puffs. They are so good and she loves them. It is so cute because she can pick her food up now and put it in her mouth herself. The cheese snacks are long like a cheese puff and she puts them in her mouth and bites down and they crunch and you can tell she likes to hear the noise because after she does it she smiles really big. Then I came home and just hung out with my hubby and baby girl. Now I realize why it was such a fun day. I was with my two favorite people and I shopped all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment