Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mom for hire.

Today, I'm on a hunt for a lightweight stroller or umbrella stroller as they call them. I love my big stroller, but it is bulky and I need something small I can use when Finley and I do our errands. Those little strollers are expensive though so I am going to hit up some consignment shops today to try and find one for less. Wish me luck! Finley and I are going to lunch with my friend Courtney and her son Connor and then I'm going to drop off a job application at a church!! Courtney works at her sons MDO program. It sounds like a pretty good gig because I get paid, but don't have to pay for daycare and I get to have my bug with me. Most importantly, Finley will get to play with other kids which I want for her so bad! She is so sweet and friendly when we go out places and I want her to develop socially to be friendly and outgoing when she's older. It is only for a sub position, but maybe I can work a few days a month at least. I'm also going to drop off an application at another church for a full-time position (well, actually its like 8:30am to 12:30pm M-F for the same kind of job). Again, these positions are conditional. I'll only take them if they let Finley come with me. I would love for her to be in my class, but I'm not sure how that works. I think I would be okay if she were in another class as long as I was there to keep an eye on her. Wish me luck on that front too please!!

Tomorrow night we are headed to Bham and we have a packed schedule: dinner with friends, visiting family, Finley's 10 month pictures and a baby shower. It's going to be a fun visit!

2 comments:

  1. i love my umbrella stroller. tips: don't take it outside too much (except on sidewalks, parking lots, etc.) or it will tear up the wheels. we went around the neighborhood a few times in ours thinking it was awesome then we saw our beloved wheels all tainted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't used it yet but we got the Graco IPO umbrella stroller from Target. It is a little more than the traditional umbrella but I think it will be well worth it! I could not see myself lugging around the big bulky stroller and based on the reviews it seems to be great!

    ReplyDelete