Monday, January 4, 2010

Hit me with your best shot!


Today we went for Finley's 9 month appt. She did great! She had to get her last Hepatitis shot and for whatever reason, she didn't cry. Did not shed a tear! It was weird. The doctor said she looked great and is growing well. She is doing everything a 9 month old should do. I'm hoping we can improve on the sippy cup situation. My doctor likes to start giving juice in a sippy cup only, no bottle, so that when you ditch the bottle at 1 year, they are more comfortable drinking out of a cup. I try to give Finley juice in a sippy cup, but she won't drink it. She just chews on the nipple part. She drinks juice out of a bottle like a champ though. Oh well, I'm not worried about it, she'll do it in her own time. Here are her stats...

Height: 27 .5 inches
Weight: 19 lbs.
Head circumference: 44 3/4 centimeters

We go back at 12 months. 12 months will be a big one. We get to turn the car seat around, stop spending a fortune on formula, no more bottles, she can have whole milk and I can get her addicted to peanut butter like her Mommy;)

After we left the doctor we went to Zoe's to get some chicken salad and then to pick up some monogramming I had done. I found a lady that does 3 initials for $5 and has it ready the next day! Whoo hoo! Unfortunately her house smells like her dogs. The person that referred me there swears the clothes won't smell like that. She's not sure how they don't, but they don't. I hope not because I'll have to go back to paying $7-$9 and waiting a week. Finley and I are hanging out at the house this afternoon. When Joey gets home I may go work out...maybe.

I decided to try losing some weight again, but after a week of being really good, I literally weighed exactly to the ounce what I weighed when I started. I know how to maintain my weight, but I certainly don't want to maintain my current weight!! Yesterday I decided I would have to pull out the big guns...South Beach diet. It sucks, but it works!! I'm doing good so far. I'm doing great since I discovered today that I can have sugar free chocolate Jello! Pancakes, cheeseburgers, fries, ice cream, Snickers, doughnuts..okay I feel better now. Anyway, I want to lose 10 lbs by the end of the month. I know that's a lofty goal, but I think I can do it if I just stick to the diet. I miss the days when I could just not eat much for 3 days and lose 5 lbs. Ugh! 27 year old metabolism stinks! I want 19 year old metabolism back!

No comments:

Post a Comment