Monday, January 11, 2010

Bears and sunglasses

I went to the Dearborn YMCA today to read to the 3 and 4 year old children in the daycare. The woman at the library suggested I read them books about bears and that way I could talk about how bears hibernate in the winter. She was very helpful. I read 5 books and made them tell me what colors and animals were in the book and this one book had a repeating line that said, "Shhh, don't wake up the bear." They loved saying it along with me. They were so precious and eager to listen and answer my questions. After we were done I let them pick out some animal stickers and then I gave them each a pair of bright colored plastic sunglasses I got from the Dollar General. They all put them on and were bouncing around. I could kick myself for not taking my camera. That would have been great for the newsletter. I may take them some more next Monday because I have a ton left over and take their picture. Finley was so good! She sat in her stroller and sipped her bottle and just listened and watched the kids. They all asked who she was and what her name was and how old she was. It was too cute!

After that we went to eat lunch with Marilyn and Carrie from my old job. I love them! Then we went back to the office to see Dr. Parker who is my old boss and friend. She got Finley a precious Madame Alexander doll for Christmas. We unwrapped it and I handed it to Finley and she put it on her shoulder and laid her head on it. It was so cute! We were talking about how funny it is that little girls hug their babies instinctively and a little boy probably would have gauged its eyes out or thrown it across the room.

We left there and came home and waited for Daddy. He came home and we went to Applebee's for dinner then stopped by Wal-Mart. Finley was pooped out and went straight to bed and I'm about to do the same. Night, night!

No comments:

Post a Comment